Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Eight of Ten

Day Eight. Altered a $7.99 thrift store skirt. The waist was too big and there didn't look like a good place to put in darts so I ripped out the zipper and that seam thinking I'd take it in there. Then once the zipper was out I realized I didn't need any additional fabric taken in down that seam. Read: hip area. Decided to put the zipper back in (not kidding) and sew up the seam, then I added some elastic in the back of the skirt to pull it tighter. This I did twice since my first attempt didn't seem to do anything and I had to rip it out after I sewed it in super securely. Thankfully the second attempt worked since I was getting exasperated--this time I tried it on before sewing securely. Yes, an old dog can learn new tricks. Voila! $7.99 skirt that took me 2 hours to fix!

1 comment:

Regina Calton Burchett said...

Ha! I got a kick out of reading this, since it duplicates so many of my experiences with sewing. Hope springs eternal... glad you got it to work!