Friday, May 14, 2010

Tesla, as Muse--Get Your Geek On!

A Nikola Tesla-themed show is in the works. July 10th is when it's scheduled (Tesla's birthday), and it'll be at Pump Project Satellite. Cody Scrogum of www.twinvillian.com is my co-currator. If you're interested in participating, please let me know and I'll send you a call-for-entries. So far this month I've been doing a lot of PR and marketing which is actually very interesting and exciting. Unfortunately as a result I haven't been spending as much time in the studio. But, some work has been getting done.

Here's Tesla's Girl. It's a print I proofed in January but never quite felt great about until I printed it with a different wiping technique. I'm using Akua Intaglio ink with a telephone book page wipe. I'm then going in with a paper towel and taking out some ink on the bird and schematic. I'm almost done editioning. This print will be in an edition of 15.

I also started a new encaustic piece but it's missing quite a bit. The pigeon is going in on the left and hopefully some prose written by poet Lyman Grant, Dean of Arts and Humanities at Austin Community College.

Like I said the PR is taking most of my free time, but I am soooo enjoying it! It's a lot of fun talking to other Tesla enthusiasts.

No comments: