Saturday, October 30, 2010

Cutting up prints

I often cut up my prints that don't make it into the final edition. As much as I love and gravitate to the technical aspect of printmaking, my final output of prints that make it into the edition could improve. Therefore, I have acquired an impressive stack of prints during various stages each edition. I used to give these away to friends that wanted them, but really, don't I want my work out in the world to reflect my best? So now they just go into a stack for me to cannibalize (or as paper for writing letters). Since the paper is usually thick Rives BFK, for adhesive in a collage I use Golden Soft Gel. Now with this print I'll use the mockingbird (here's a link to the mockingbird print that made the final edition) and save the other parts in my tub of cut papers for another purpose. The mockingbird is going on my Buddha print that I've been working on for what seems like forever.

No comments: