Friday, December 10, 2010

1st layer of wax, finally!

Stopped into Wally Workman Gallery the other day and saw some beautiful prints by Ellen Heck. If you get a chance, stop in to see her work. Very Cassatt. If you go by the gallery in person, ask to see some of Ellen's loose prints. They have some in a portfolio box and you can page through them.

Well, it's been a busy 24 hours. I didn't have much time for studio work yesterday unfortunately and it's not looking good for the rest of the day. I hope to really crank on the weekend. We have the usual bday parties, church, Camp Fire potluck, and open house, but I'm determined to carve out some time for myself. Luckily things die down both weekend evenings and I'll be able to lock myself in my studio.

Here's the project prior to applying a layer of encaustic medium


Next, brush on wax


Next hit with a heat gun.

Next step? Scrape some areas where the wax is too thick. When it gets to where I want it, I'll start putting on my collage papers, covering the entire thing with another layer of wax, and fusing the layers with the heat gun. Stay tuned!

No comments: