Thursday, March 24, 2011

Favorite print at Austin City Hall People's Choice Exhibit

I finally got around to looking for my piece that made it into Austin City Hall for the entire 2011 year. It's this guy, Tesla (of course), titled Tesla and his Favorite Things. I enjoyed so many works that instead of showing them to you here, I insist you go down and check out the entire show.










I had only limited time so couldn't go into all the nooks and crannies to see all the work, so I'll have to make another trip. But for now, this is my favorite piece. It's by Alejandro Colunga and the title is Payaso, a 6-color lithograph. It was taken with my cell phone with limited light so the resolution stinks, but here's a link to a better image--it's the 5th image down on the page. Look! Roller skates! The more I look at this image the more stuff I see.

The clown had chunky stuff underneath the collar and arm puffs. It looked like actual stuff and not embossed, but I'm not sure how it was done. I've never seen anything like that before. Very, very cool.
Look at this hand! Love it!

No comments: