Friday, April 15, 2011

Solar plates arrived today!

I'm getting there people! My plates arrived today so I'm busy studying up on solar plates. I need to make my contact printer, but will work on that tomorrow, hopefully. (I'm already mentally trying to figure out how I'm going to do that with a hectic weekend, but I really want to be able to print on Tuesday.) This guy had a good website with a description on the photopolymer method in case you're interested. My next step after trying the solar plate is to try my Z*Acryl material, with is a photo-sensitive film that you can put over PETG plates. I bought two 4 x 8' sheets of PETG (.030") the other day and am waiting for them to arrive from the San Antonio branch of Regal Plastics. I have only used Z*Acryl once on a piece of copper. How cool is it that you can put it on plastic? I'll answer that for you. Very.

Needless to say I'm geeking out on my Printmaking in the Sun book. If you are crazy about something right now--do tell me! I don't care what it is. I love hearing about folks that are passionate about something (stars? knitting? baseball?). There's not enough passion out there so when I see it, I'm tickled.

No comments: