Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hot Pockets

Me before coffee. My eyes can barely open
at this early hour, so I've spared you.
I wear a lot of skirts and I have a lot of wrap arounds because they're easy. I haven't made any with pockets--yet--but will change my pattern henceforth! But if I get lazy next time I'm at the machine or want to wear one of my old skirts, I can always wear this. Sure, it'll  also come in handy for nails, but what about on a hike for found treasures? carnivals when I have a lot of tickets to hold? I probably won't ever do a craft fair ever again, but if I do, well, this would come in handy.









I bought my nail pouch at Lowe's for about $2.50.










I applied a layer of gesso on the front and copied my favorite face ever (from Toulouse-Lautrec's At the Moulin Rouge). Then I just painted using good ol' acrylics.








It's a bit stiff, but it'll soften up over time with use and washings.

1 comment:

Aine Scannell said...

hi Kathy - I think it looks swell !!!