Friday, September 30, 2011

Fun gift idea

My daughter drew this. Isn't it adorable? I clipped if off the homework she turned in this morning since I didn't want to risk having it land in the recycle bin at her teacher's desk. I'm going to get cards printed for Raleigh for Christmas (maybe she'll get the writing-letters-the-old-fashioned-way bug early?) and embroider the cat on a shirt using her outlines. My son suggested she redo the feet because they look like claws. That is crazy talk! The claw foot is my favorite part!

I've had a glorious week, despite making a huge and irretrievable blunder in the studio yesterday. I put chine colle adhesive on the front, the front!!!, of a drawing of Isaac Newton. It seems like that would be hard to do, but I did it. Oh well. That happens. I'm learning the song Don't Worry, Be Happy on the uke, so I just made sure to practice it several times yesterday. It's all good.

Have a great weekend y'all!!

No comments: