Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Control Freak

Ever since the terrarium, I've been into putting stuff in jars. Last week I started forcing paper whites and I've moved on to amaryllis. Here are my paper white bulbs.








You can put them in anything. Wes is taking this set of 4 that are nestled into the bottom of a milk carton, in to his teacher today.








Here's what they look like after about 5 days in water. I just fill up the container with little rocks, settle the bulbs into the rocks half way, then fill the container up with water until it covers the roots. They'll be blooming soon!







Here's the amaryllis. After the bulbs are spent I'll be making this container into another terrarium. I'm hooked!

I have a lot of irons in the fire. I'm trying to get work ready for a show in 4 days, plus I have another project I'm working on. Lots going on around here. Plus I've started making time for yoga, so that's new and exciting. :)

I had someone say this in closing the other day in a voice mail and I LOVE IT! Ready? "Be wonderful."

No comments: