Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Upping my Game

Happy New Year!!!! It gives me a lot of satisfaction sharing bits and pieces of my life and art. I consider this blog to be a big part of my growth as an artist. Thank you for your part of the equation--reading, commenting, and for some of you, blogging yourselves

The Perfect Camping Sandwich
With a burn ban in effect and a camping trip on the horizon, I've needed to up my food game. I'll need to prepare all kinds of yummy morsels before we depart so I'm not slaving over a tiny (and unstable) featherlight camp stove in unpleasant temps. Months ago I bought 2 camping cookbooks and now after closer inspection it's obvious that the authors are car campers--i.e. they load up with a huge camp stove and a trunk load of provisions. We're primitive campers where we have to haul our crapola for a 1/4 mile, including water. I am planning to try out a few recipes, however, and will be sure to let you know how they go. I will be bringing these yummy picnic sandwiches from the cookbook Vegan Yum Yum. Basically it's a grilled zucchini, roasted red pepper and spinach sandwich, with sun-dried tomato pesto. They pack well and will stay soggy-free for hours.

No comments: