Monday, June 10, 2013

A Slew of Grackles

I held an open studio on Saturday and I treated it as a work day. I had projects going that were very start and stop so I could visit with folks as they wandered in. My biggest accomplishment? Printing a slew of grackles for our studio's first art-of-the-month-club project. (There's still time to get join! It's only $15 per month!)

The grackles are a 2-step process:

  • Roll up a piece of Plexiglas with phthalo blue Akua intaglio ink and print on a piece of Rives lightweight paper. Repeat. 
  • Roll up my grackle woodcut with mars black Akua intaglio ink and print on top of the blue. Repeat.
I have the fresh prints in the back of my car where they'll "bake" in the hot Texas sun for a few days to dry before the grackles are cut out and ready to use.  



No comments: