Friday, August 9, 2013

Circles Galore

I bought this contraption to make circles. It's pretty cool. I can go from 1" to 5.5" circles. The nobby-like thing has a rotating blade in it and I just put the blade in the sized circle I'm wanting, hold the nob perpendicular to guide, and the guide thing swivels around giving me a nice cut circle. Who do I thank for this? Martha Stewart.


(Speaking of convicts, I just finished reading Orange is The New Black: My Year in a Women's Prison by Piper Kerman and I thought it was really good.)

Here's my finished Doodles in Math Class, the reason for taking the cutter out of it's packaging.

© 2013 Cathy Savage, Doodles in Math Class, collage and acrylic on panel, 22 x 30"
Yay! I wish I had a bottle of champagne in the fridge because finishing this thing is cause for celebration. It's been in my studio way past its expiration date. 

No comments: