Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Tea (and Scones)

This is fun. I sold this print at Russell's Bakery!

© 2009 Cathy Savage, Tea Party Etiquette, image size 8 x 8", intaglio with chine colle

I have work up at Russell's through the end of October, and I wasn't expecting any sales. These types of exhibition opportunities rarely have inventory flying off the walls--or in Russell's case, ledge, where you just lean the pieces on the ledge and against the wall. (I have to tell you, installation was a SNAP!) I also have inquires on 2 other pieces--the dang price list I left with my work keeps getting mislocated--and the folks have taken the time to shoot me an email inquiry. I never in a million years would have guessed it. Looks like I'm signing up for Russell's in 2016!

About this time last year I started to panic that I wasn't going to make my financial goal, and this year is no different despite the flurry of activity at my local bistro. Surely EAST (East Austin Studio Tour) will be a huge opportunity to show and sell work. If you do the EAST thing, be sure to stop by our studio! (Oh, and btw, my worry last year was for no reason--I made my goal, and I'll probably do the same this year too. I just need to keep reminding myself of that. Deep breaths...)

Back to Tea Party Etiquette. Have to have one? This print was part of a small edition of 8. I have another one framed at my studio in a warm, natural wood frame if you happen to be interested. The individual prints are also listed in my Etsy shop

No comments: