Thursday, September 5, 2013

Ups and Downs

King Henry partially carved.
This has been an absolute insane week and it's not quite over. I'll spare you the nitty-gritty emotional non art-related stuff.













1. Worked on King Henry. He looks a little like Genghis Khan, but I can fix that...hopefully.

Proof of King Henry. More carving I'm thinking...

2. I dropped work off at Georgetown's Art Hop on Saturday (the reception is this Sunday, September 8!) along with a friend's work and it seems like I keep getting lessons on how to professionally present work. This info is on the back of the piece--artist's name, title + if  you're fancy, email, website, phone number.

right way

wrong way



3. My bright light this week: PrintAustin is coming along! We have our Call for Entries posted here. We're going to have a Bin Sale Call too, that will be open to all, even students. Details are still coming on the Bin Sale and I'll post more as the details firm up. Being a co-chair of this event has been innnnnteresting. It's lots of work but it's been mostly fun--I admit the grant writing has been my least favorite task. Good experience though! Are you a PrintAustin Facebook follower yet?

4. I had a gallery give me the boot. My work wasn't selling there so really, it's for the best for both of us. At a minimum I've have this piece on my walls on Friday--yep, this Friday, 9/6/13)--for an open studio at Canopy. I'm studio 218 if you decide to come--and if you do you can see my own version of the Salon des Refuses

Canopy
916 Springdale Road
Austin, Texas 78702
Friday, September 6, 2013 6-10 pm

No comments: