Friday, January 3, 2014

Child Labor

Hey Friends. Sorry I've been ignoring this blog for awhile. I was slammed with a miserable cold and I'm just now feeling chipper enough to perform non-essential tasks. I hope you've managed to avoid this season's crud!

I had my kid whip up some cranes for me to send as thank you gifts to our recent studio subscribers. I had to pay Wes (11) $1 per crane, but it beats giving Wes money for presents for his paltry chore list (I need to change that for 2014). Here's a step by step on how to make your own. I'm thinking they will make great ornaments with a little pin prick and a piece of string. And one thing that's cool about cranes? I've heard their good luck!


Carolyn and I slipped the cranes into these gelatin cards we made awhile ago--maybe at the top of 2013? (If you haven't played with gelatin printmaking yet, you need to try it. FUN!)


Happy New Year! I'm really looking forward to 2014. Life keeps getting better and better, and I can't wait to see what's next. Be well, be safe, and happy printing!

No comments: