Monday, February 25, 2008

Printing via Steamroller


UT has an annual open house and the art department has a steamroller event to showcase how cool printmaking is. OK. A steamroller is used only once a year, but still, printmaking impresses (yuk, yuk). This year I've decided to do a 32 x 48" print. Why, I don't know. The last thing I need is pressure to pump something out by next Saturday, March 1. But about 3 weeks ago I said I'd do it and as of now I'm still committed, even though I've only just now finished about half of the sketch. I'm doing a take on Goya's Don Manuel Osorio Manrique de Zuniga because I'm lame, and well, I've always been fascinated with the bird on a leash thing with the greedy cats lurking in the background. A few years ago I did a grackle, which I look at now and think yawn, but the size, the size is good.

Hopefully tomorrow more progress will be made! I need to start carving by Wednesday at the latest. And sadly I have no kid-free time during the day at all this week.

No comments: