Saturday, January 10, 2009

Foul Bite

I re-grounded my plate yesterday with Z Acryl, since my first attempt was flaky and had a cat hair stuck in it. I thought maybe the flakes came from fingerprints that weren't removed prior to the ground application, so I cleaned my plate well with isopropyl alcohol and gave it another go--which worked, or at least no flakes. The ground was fairly easy to apply but after a regular etch, I have foul bite (darn, darn, darn!), so I'm wondering what the heck I did wrong (I should have checked that plate earlier! Darn it!). I was pretty bummed about it earlier, but heck, maybe it's better that I spend time getting reacquainted with my scrapping tool. Zep Heavy-Duty Citrus Degreaser, by the way, gets the ground off the plate nicely.

I've been applying the ground over a butcher's tray and then funneling the runoff back into the bottle. Last time I noticed a bunch of funk in the tray--dust fibers, etc--so when pouring back into the bottle I put a small piece of organza in the bottom of the funnel to catch debris. So at least I've minimized the cat hair problem.

No comments: