Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Finished two additonal pieces for The Tesla Project

It was a whirlwind leading up to The Tesla Project. I did manage to finish two additional pieces that had been stuck. The Tesla/Edison finger puppet print is still in la-la land. And another encaustic piece about the Marconi debacle is still lingering. I suppose I now have another year, because YES, right now we plan on doing this again.
Here's my finished assemblage. If you're into this kinda stuff and want to take a fun workshop, I recommend Beverly Mangham's workshops at Sleeping Dog Studio. She rocks, the food rocks, her space rocks, and her stash of junk rocks! I do love it. I had it for sale at the event and it sold and it's a little bittersweet. I would have liked having it around.
I finished my Tesla Action Figure finally. It took me maybe 30 hours so I had it listed Not For Sale at the show. How could I possibly recoup my time? I think I'll like having it on my shelf. The light bulb glows in the dark.

The other two I had in the show are Tesla's Girl (a print of a pigeon on a patent schematic) and Tesla and His Favorite things (encaustic). They are listed under my artwork on the main page, but I noticed they are not updated pics so I'm not going to bother even linking them.

No comments: