Thursday, March 10, 2011

Yay! Two New Printmaking Books!

Honestly, I'm not sure there is a technique out there I have not learned. Mastering takes a lifetime, but you know what I mean. I don't need general printmaking books for the new printmaker, but I can't resist. I could talk printmaking all day and reading about it with accompanied pretty pictures is like putting a new blade in an X-acto--refreshing. These books came along weeks ago but I still haven't given them a nice sit down. I have turned every page within them though, and am excited about next week when they will get their much anticipated read (kids are going out of town for 3 days with their grandparents!!!).

Printmaking + Mixed Media by Dorit Elisha


Print Workshop by Christine Schmidt

I do have a dilemma that has nothing to do with these books. When I concentrate on anything, say art, marketing, or exercise, they seem to be mutually exclusive activities. Do any of you have this problem? I'll get gung ho on something, say Tesla, and ignore the other stuff, say laundry. If you have any suggestions on staying on track in several areas of your life--without running ragged, which seems to be where I am constantly--I'd love to know how you do it.


I hope your days are filled with hugs, laughter and sunshine! Have a great weekend!

No comments: