Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Enlightenment during an iced coffee

The kids and I have finally returned from our 2-week vacation. We jumped right back into the busy life of swim and guitar lessons, but the wake up sans alarm clock this morning was wonderful. During Wes' guitar lesson, Raleigh and I hit a coffee shop to wait it out, and during my iced coffee I had an epiphany: I need to trim the fat. Not literally--that's too much work--but activity wise. I need to focus on my art goals (specifically earning my goal of 20K at some point, which at this point is truly laughable) and really get serious about it. But in order to do that I need to be in my studio working. But with that, knowing that I need time out for just plain marveling at moths or kids or music or taking time for tea--or iced coffee--daily.

Thank you iced coffee (or was it just because I took 45-mins to sit?) for giving me a wake-up call.

I'm soooo glad I didn't renew my PTA position for the next school year. Yea to the springtime me that was nuts with volunteer duties and had enough guts to reply NO when requested to sign up for another year.

What do you plan on saying NO to so you can have more time doing what you love?

No comments: