Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Work Day


Fridays are my business day. It had become my slow day after a busy art week, so I moved my business day to Fridays instead of where it was--Manic Monday. I have an inbox that I'm actually using. I put receipts in it as they come, business cards of folks to add into my mailing list, galleries I want to investigate online, calls for entry, plus any correspondence. I also have a folder in my email account for electronic notes. Then on Fridays I sit down and knock it all out--and it takes the entire morning. My Google doc spreadsheet for tracking expenses seems to be working fine since I can access it at my PC or netbook. And I've added a tab for income--in anticipation of future windfalls (grin). After my data is entered and my notes are written, I file my papers into an accordion file where they will live for the next year before going into a manilla envelope with 2012 written on it. Having a notebook where the same info is tabulated is just as worthy as an official accounting system. So, the best calendar, accounting method, artist software? One that you'll actually use.

No comments: