Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Screenprinting Toolkit

I have used this screen for 4 years now, and have
probably pumped out about 400 geckos.
Toolkit? Yes. You need one if you're going off site just in case something goes awry. I learned this the hard way Monday. Apparently all sense left me when I agreed to print t-shirts for five 1st grade classes. On my one day to do it, my equipment crapped out after the second class. My screen kept on getting gunked up and I scrubbed the heck out of it after the last rinse, slightly ticked that the printing was taking longer than necessary. What was my reward? Scrubbing off some screen filler. Arrgh!! So, I needed to finish up today and I brought a toolkit with me (aside from my regular screen with board/brackets and squeegee). I planned for all kinds of problems but miraculously didn't need anything. What did I have on hand? hair dryer, screen filler, toothbrush, paintbrush, baby wipes, duct tape, packing tape, paper towels, plastic spoons, and a bleach pen. So, if you fail to say no to such a proposition, do yourself a favor and plan for stuff to go wrong. Boy Scout motto needs to be my mantra (in the event I fail to say no): Be prepared, be prepared, be prepared!

No comments: