Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fun with Lasers--new project

I took a pic of this Tesla and Edison collagraph with drypoint

© 2011 Cathy Savage, War of the Currents, drypoint and collagraph. 11 x 15"

and laser cut it into wood after slicing up the digital file. This is what I got. This took quite a long time. I think I worked on it for 6 hours? But should I do it again it will take less time.


You can see it better here.


I think Edison needs to be tweaked a little bit and re-cut, plus I want to add more depth, so it's not finished yet. Maybe next week. Then I'll glue it together.

Printmaking has been on the back burner for a bit, but I was paying studio fees and not printing, so it'll have to continue that way until the end of April when my 3-month laser session ends. I wish I could do both but there is not enough time in the day with everything else, e.g. living.

No comments: