Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Cranking out Itty Bitties


I have 6 new 8 x 8" grackles boards in production. Yesterday I pulled out a stack of prints and had fun assembling the backgrounds. Grackles arriving later this week. I'm using a new substrate by Ampersand that I'm liking--a local company. It's a new product line of natural wood panels cradled at different heights (the ones I bought are 7/8" inch). They look super sturdy for encaustic, so a product to keep in mind if I get back into using wax.




I also got a chance to meet on of my food heros! I went to a veggie fest over the weekend and met cookbook author Isa Chandra Moskowitz. She was signing books and so I picked up this new one. I own Vegan with a Vengence, Vegan Brunch, and Vegan Cupcakes Take over the World, so you could say I'm a fan. Her writing style is so funny, so right now this new cookbook can be found on my bedside table vs. my kitchen. I'm looking forward to trying some new recipes!

No comments: