Monday, April 2, 2012

Hessian Soldier by artist Howard Rains

© 2000 Cathy Savage, Blue David
© 2012 Howard Rains, Hessian Soldier
I bought the gem on the right at Blue Genie, which is an arts fair held around the holidays in these parts. (The Blue David on the left is one I did years ago during a blue-face phase--Blue Elvis can be found here.) I've been meaning to show off the Hessian on the blog for ages, but haven't gotten around to it until now.












© 2011 Howard Rains, Hessian Soldier,13.5 x 7 x 1.5"

The artist is Howard Rains and he sells them on Etsy, so you can get your own should you be so inclined. What's a Hessian? Click here and you can go to Wikipedia.

I was fortunate enough to visit Howard Finster back when he was alive. Howard Rains' work reminds me of the other Howard's cutouts. Clever!!

No comments: