Sunday, June 3, 2012

Ukulele Fest was a Blast!

I attended the Lone Star Uke Fest in Dallas this weekend with almost all the members of my Wednesday uke group. It was such fun! I tell you, playing music with friends has got to be one the most enjoyable experiences out there. I got home earlier today and I've spent the afternoon just sitting around and relaxing.

The first part of the week will be spent on my regular graphic design gig, so my studio will have to wait. I like the paycheck this job brings in so I keep the complaining to a minimum. I used to do all kinds of add on requests for free and it made me dread the job because it seemed once I said yes, the requests never stopped. I don't do that any more. It was scary to say no--or "No, not unless you pay me for that"--at first, and now it's easier. You know what helped? This song.

1 comment:

Nick Ramos said...

Good... they need to pay for it... they will value it more!