Thursday, July 26, 2012

Collage Box

I have a tub for ephemeral and art paper scraps and I cull from it to make collages. It's an impressive tub and it's overflowing like mad, though I'm hoping to make a dent in it in the coming months as I focus on collage work. (I still have my Goodwill price tag on the side, as a reminder of my good deal.)





Here's a peek of the top. There is really too much stuff in it for good digging. Color coded boxes would be ideal, but I really don't have the time or desire to go to those lengths.







In the tub I can find bits and pieces of my printmaking history, plus funky receipts I may have gotten somewhere, or a cool wedding invitation I couldn't bear to chuck. Some stuff I've had for years. Maybe even 20. (Good lord I'm old!)








2012 Cathy Savage, 22 x 30" work in progress

Unpacking and the requisite laundry from our vacation is finally finished so I ventured into my studio to work on the collage I started about a month ago. It felt great to be back in there!

No comments: