Monday, August 6, 2012

Little Nuggets of Inspiration

This is somewhat hokey, but you might like it--or at least it might be something to make you laugh out loud. Years ago when I read The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron, one of the tasks at the end of a chapter was to find interesting rocks and carry them in a pocket as a constant reminder of one's creativity. I carried around pebbles for about a year. I'm not saying that did or didn't do anything. Heck, I needed to read The Artist's Way more than once, so any transformation that took place was a long and slow one. (If you haven't read the book, it's a little like a 12-step program, so brace yourself.) Last week I came across the tadpole I used to carry around with my pebbles, which at the time was symbolic that I was on the path. Well I ordered Frog and he arrived today. Why not feel like I'm a little farther along should these ever make their way back into my pocket?

No comments: