Monday, September 24, 2012

Gallery List

© 2012 Cathy Savage, Two Sides, 22 x 30", collage
You'll be seeing this guy in the upcoming E.A.S.T. catalog.
I've started to generate a gallery list. I visit Houston probably every quarter and lately I've been trying to make more art focused visits. Since I go irregularly, I thought I'd come up with a list of galleries in the area so I can hit the ones I want to hit. Contact with these galleries is important should I want to pursue a working relationship with them in the future, plus I get to keep my finger on the pulse of a city that is also super supportive of printmaking and works on paper. I started a Google Drive doc so I can access and update my file from wherever. I also include a list of the galleries artists that I most admire, so when going in and chatting with the gallery owner or assistant, I can appear to know something. I've included Austin of course, plus I hope to add Dallas and Western NC. You can take a look at my current list here. (I didn't include museums because I already know where they are. Plus with my limited time, I would rather hits some of the smaller galleries.) If you have any suggestions on places to add, I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: