Sunday, September 2, 2012

Toiling Away

How wonderful to have an extra weekend day! The 4 of us plan on doing something remarkable Monday, yet to be decided. But as for the past 2 days, I've done a lot of nothing other than recharge my creative batteries. I received the first magazine of my subscription to Uppercase in the mail on Friday, so my goal of reading Ellen Heck's book end to end was thwarted by a beautifully typeset diversion. I love text. And I love good illustrations. I subscribed to this mag on a whim, and so far I'm very pleased that I did.

Its nice heavy paper makes it that much more delicious to read. Every page is a feast for the eyes. I can't wait for October's issue, and I still have 1/2 and issue to read. (I haven't flipped through it all the way if you can believe it. I'm wanting to savor every page and any peeking might lessen my reading experience.)

My girl and I made pasta this weekend. It was a lot of work but worth it. In an effort to get the kids interested in cooking, I'm going to attempt to make a dish with them once a week and just rotate between the two of them. If I don't teach them to cook, how will they eventually take over for me, which of course is the ultimate goal. ;)


No comments: