Friday, August 23, 2013

Little Black Book

For years I've carried around a little notebook. I like jotting down ideas as they come along since my memory ain't what it used to be. For awhile I tried a digital notebook on my phone, but I never went back in to review them while the thoughts were still fresh, and in the end my shorthand notes became cryptic. This new moleskin is a little thicker than my regular purse notebooks, so of course I starting filling it in right away.



I've been wanting to do a print on King Henry VIII and while visiting my MIL, she said the funniest riddle that just needs to be memorialized in a linoleum block:

King Henry VIII to six wives he was wedded
One died, one survived
Two divorced, two beheaded

You never know, this could turn into something one of these days.