Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Gardening is part of my creative life

I discovered the joy of gardening in the fall of 2009, and I've surprisingly kept it up. You see, sometimes I start things and never quite take to them 100%. Or take to things only to have my passion fall off a cliff. But gardening, I like. Here is today's bounty of tomatoes. I've planted chard, cauliflower, beets, arugula, and brussel sprouts this fall to compliment what I already had going, tomatoes, artichokes, mint, cilantro, basil, and a handful of other herbs. This may not be printmaking, or encaustics, or involve a pencil, but boy it helps the creative side of me jump for joy. I really think my garden, or cooking, or even making Halloween costumes feeds my pencil-holding side.

What do you do to inspire your pencil-holding side?

No comments: