Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween/Nolan Ryan costume update


Thankfully I had a request to post Wes' costume in action--I love the costume and he won't fit into it next year, so I'm getting all the mileage I can!! (Details on how to make it here.) The final out of pocket cost for the costume was $17.63 since the blank orange cap was $3.99. The star and H on the cap are made out of t-shirt material, but only ironed on with fabric adhesive, not sewn as well like the letters and numbers on the jersey. Hopefully we won't have a need to wash it since the iron stuff only works so well.

And exciting news, I'm entering his costume into Craft Magazine's Halloween Costume Contest. Woo Hoo! Wish me luck!

CRAFT Halloween Contest


In other Halloween news, Raleigh was a cat--and I'm telling this because it's hard to tell. She decided to skip the mask and paint on her face with Caran D'ache crayons, which are supposed to be non-toxic and OK for face painting. Luckily it comes off quite easily with soap and water.

Keith will do anything to bring out the uke. He's just using Halloween as an excuse.