Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Odds and Ends


Well nothing too exciting to report. I've OD'd on hard boiled eggs since making these beauties with the kids on Saturday. Thankfully the last egg was consumed today at lunch.


My wireless Sunday experiment was a success! I watered the lawn and garden barefooted with a hose, which took eons, but it was very meditative. Then I started altering a pair of sweat pants. Yes, still sweat pants, but now more like yoga pants. :) I'm only a 1/4 of the way done. The paint around the edges is Jacquard Textile Paint. The inspiration and stencil was from Alabama Stitch Book, previous post here. Oh, and some other good (?) news. I was hoping to get my work into a show at the gallery Hooks-Epstein (Houston) in conjunction with the printmaking group PrintMatters. I haven't heard from them yet so I figured I was rejected. Turns out they are still deciding, so there's hope. Friend and fellow artist Kelly Tankersley has been given the nod already. Go Kelly!!

I've been working on my 5x7" ArtHouse contributions. It got me out of an early week funk-of-sorts. I've had some PTA stuff to deal with concerning the upcoming elementary art show, and it kept me away from my studio. But the 5x7's have pulled me back in there--deadlines are key. Ordinary fatigue or PBS distractions don't hold the same appeal when I have a pressing deadline. The 5x7's are due on Sunday so guess where I'll be the next few nights?

No comments: