Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Deadlines. Oh how I love/loathe you!

The Tesla Project (blah blah blah. You've got to be sick of this by now.) deadline is right around the corner so I'm working this week on finishing up loose ends so I have something to submit.

My lamp is underway. Here is is without the hardware or glass and looking only so-so. But at least it's started. 

Bust. Almost done. Touch ups here and there, plus I hope to add an interactive element which I'll blog about later once I figure things out.














Collagraph. Working on this week, but close to being there. Here's the print and the matrix, respectively.















5x7 portrait. Done. Except I need to print them. Oh right. That part. But that's manageable!

Woodcut of the same portrait but bigger and with a screen print technical drawing? Light years away. I'm not even 100% sure where my woodcut is. I just tore apart my studio for the collagraph above and did not come across my half-carved woodblock. I'm sure it's in there though. I need a studio fairy.







 
Encaustic piece that I never finished last year. Several hours away, not including creating the frame. Ugh.

Things that will probably be shelved until next year: interactive print, Tesla Pez dispenser (yes, you read correctly). I have some pretty full days ahead.

No comments: