Saturday, August 6, 2011

Camp Crafty -- Day 2

Roar! Or maybe T-Rex squeaked? :)
You know, I have 2 kids of my own, but when you add 3 more under the age of 6, it gets quite interesting. So my main plan on attack was have the kids busy every second they were to be here.







Step 1: Make gelatin mold for gelatin printmaking. The awesome Linda Germain will show you how to do this on this youtube video.



Step 2: Paint paper mache creations from yesterday. We used cheap acrylic and some maybe tempera.
helicopter





Dalmatian with googly eyes.









Step 3: Print! The kids used regular old Speedball since my Akua is patiently waiting for me at the WPA studio. I'd rather use Akua personally--it's it a delight to work with and the colors are so vibrant--but Speedball is cheap and it didn't make me wince when the kids squeezed out way more than necessary. I think the results look pretty good!




No comments: