Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sweet Dreams

My brother-in-law had a serious operation--he's fine--but he's convalescing. I made a pillowcase for my daughter's stocking last night and so I thought my BIL would like one to jazz up his room. I found this fabric at JoAnn's (no kidding!!), with several pinups in various poses, wearing Christmas hats and the word JOY throughout.


but, I want my BIL to like me so thought he'd prefer cards with a fun polka dot border. I have to find someone that would appreciate the pinups. (Mom? You interested?)


There are directions on pillowcases all over the information super highway, but here's the one I followed. It's the hotdog pillowcase method, which sounds really weird, but it's easy and there are no exposed seams! Pretty cool.

Alfonso Huerta, Valentin,
Linoleum print on paper
(Limited edition of 50)
18 x 12 inches
I ventured out for E.A.S.T. and had a wonderful time with Carolyn Kimball and Jean Caffeine. I super enjoyed visiting Flatbed and seeing Alfonso Huerta and his new work. He has an amazing cheetah print that I hope he posts on his website soon since I was too agog to snap one today.

Well, that's all I have time for now. If I plan on making more spritz cookies for my BIL to go with the pillowcase, I better get cracking. 

No comments: