Saturday, December 10, 2011

Studio Visit--Susan Whyne

I met Susan Whyne about a month ago and had a pleasant visit to her studio. Susan is a painter and professor of art at UT. I really loved her work. Her canvases and works on paper are filled with these wonderful flowing images and figures that are super colorful. The works seem to each contain a touch of unease. Is that vase going to fall to the ground? Is that figure floating or falling? Anyway, here are some pics--I also took some of her assemblages. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did.


I love these!



This is the first thing I saw when coming down the steps to Susan's studio space. Wow.



Susan pulled some paintings out for me to see.


I love all these colors!


Outside of the studio.
I love this transom created by Susan.

Susan's beautiful patio...

...complete with outdoor shower!
A Sharon Smith creation.


While on my way home I drove by this painted fence. I love South Austin! You never know what you're going to find!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I started working in the round just a few years ago. I think this circular canvas is kind of freeing. It makes me feel more able to experiment. Lovely to see someone else doing this!! Thanks for sharing, Cathy!