Monday, June 11, 2012

One Yard Wonder

For Wes' first sewing project, we made a bear out of the book One Yard Wonders. Adorable, huh?
I have an old Kenmore sewing machine (Model 52) complete with table, and it skips a stitch here or there. Luckily Wes wasn't too picky on the appliqued face and tummy since sometimes my machine went zig zig zag instead of zig zag. (Mom--my faithful reader--what year did you buy this thing?) The machine has these stitch discs that you plop in for different patterns. It's a quirky old thing but it's a work horse. 
Here's my nook. I managed to repair two Furoshiki wraps today. They each had two seams that were never finished and took a total of 5 minutes. I think they've been on top of my sewing table since before Christmas--a 5 minute repair! Keith will be bummed when he finds them on his workbench in the garage. They are going to require a trip to the attic.



My Write and Toss goals? Check! I managed to write a letter and I convinced Wes to write one too. I found a cookbook on my shelves that I've ignored for the last year and I'm sending it off to my brother-in-law. I can't seem him cooking, honestly, but he requested vegetarian recipes a few weeks ago so he must need a book. That's about it. Day 1 down, 4 to go!

1 comment:

Cathy Savage said...

My mom say's the machine is a 1964 or 1965--from Sears. Wow!! Old but still cranking out the stitches, even if they're a bit uneven. I had a brand new needle too. If you have any suggestions, do tell.