Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Attach This to That

I'm on a Make, Repair, Write and Toss kick this week.

Repair
Ring gluing, plus Raleigh's sock puppet
"Mazzy" needed some eye repair action
I heard about the website This to That from artist Beverly Mangham (I mentioned her assemblage workshops the other day in this post) and it's a site about recommended adhesives on various craft projects. We're big fans of epoxy in this house and I like the kind in a plunger where you open both the resin and hardener at the same time and squeeze out equal amounts. I fixed several things today including Raleigh's ring. I'm scratching my head as to why the people that made it in the first place, didn't score the metal and plastic a little bit before gluing the first time. That is gluing 101--give the surface a little bit of a tooth so the glue can hang on.

Make
© 2012 Cathy Savage,
Edison and Tesla Finger Puppets
The kids and I went to MAKEatx yesterday to do some engraving and while we were at it I made an Edison. It was a request from an Etsy buyer. She bought a Tesla too and I can only hope that Tesla will be considered the ultimate hero in her reenactment of the War of the Currents.








Write
© 2012 Cathy Savage, queen linocut on note card
Still writing one card per day! This is the last thing I do though, so it's not the easiest on the list. I'm using these cards that totally bombed on Etsy. Can't win them all.

Toss
I went through my shoes and put 2 pairs in the Goodwill bin. I love shoes but let's face it, I'm most comfortable in meemaw models and I might as well let go of the fantasy that I'll ever where anything else.


No comments: