Saturday, July 21, 2012

Gravy Train Vacation has Ended

Returning to Austin may be a be difficult after my 3-week vacation in Brevard, NC--I had one sweet set-up. Not only was I able to spend time with my parents, sis, brother-in-law, nephew, and extended family, I witnessed elfin magic every day. Basically I did my thing while in the cloak of darkness dishes got cleaned, food was prepared, laundry was washed and folded, etc, as though the house operated by a force of magic. (I told my mom she made a much better mother than I did. I seem to only recognize the need to run a load of laundry when I have a child or husband complain that they are out of underwear.)

I had a chance to do some gallery hopping in Brevard and nearby Asheville, and I'm thrilled to report that Red Wolf Gallery has picked me up as one of their artists. The owner, Ann DerGara, is a printmaker and painter, and was very willing to give me advice and suggestions for other possible venues. This was the highlight of my trip. How wonderful to now have a connection with Western Carolina's art scene! 


I'm looking forward to getting back to work once I get back to town. I've been focusing so much on getting the grackles out and about that I've neglected my other work. I look forward to finishing this full-sheet collage I started just before my vacation.

No comments: