Monday, October 1, 2012

Making tracks on Lincoln

Abe Lincoln woodcut, in progress, 10 x 7.25"
I was watching the biography of Carl Sandberg on American Masters while carving my woodcut, when I found out that Carl wrote a 6 volume biography on his favorite president, Lincoln. This is worth a watch, by the way, and you can watch it by following this link to PBS.

This is my 3rd and possibly final carving on this woodcut. I hope to post color #2 tomorrow so you can see the process.






Iced Toddy, after 12 hours of brewing
I wanted to thank my friends and blog readers for their well wishes during my weeks of melancholy following the passing of my high school buddy, Ross. It was a blow, and every good vibe was appreciated. I made sure to exercise at least three times last week, log in the hours in my studio, and drink lots of iced coffee. I know it'll be a long haul to recovery for Ross' family, but being wedged between my couch cushions wasn't doing anyone any good. xo

Toddy Maker--I must comment on this coffee maker. It brews a pound of coffee at a time, creating a coffee concentrate. I add boiling water to about a 1/3 cup of concentrate to make a hot mug of coffee, or the same ratio of cold water and ice to make iced coffee. If you like iced coffee at Starbucks, they use the same method.

No comments: