Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Yes, my Dog wears a Coat

Look! I made this! Luckily I have an impressive stash of material including fleece from a project a few years back. Doesn't Io look adorable? I tell you what, I had a ton of stuff to do and I just ignored it and grabbed my sewing machine. It felt great to turn off the monitor and take a break from my to-do list and just sew.

I think she likes it. Raleigh said I should embroider the phrase,
"Don't I look fetching?" on the back.  :)
I admit I had a dog jacket that I laid on top and used as a pattern, just adding on some seam allowance. I did find some free patterns online and this looks very much like what I ended up doing.

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful for so many things in my life, one of them being Cathy Savage fans. Thank you all so very, very much. Truly. I hope you have a great weekend with family and friends. I'll be back next week, but first, let me show you a pic of my latest Tesla:


2 comments:

Dawn said...

What? Is it dipping into the low 80's that your cute pup needs a coat? I'm kidding, he is adorable. And I do love the print.

Cathy Savage said...

That's true! 2 weekends ago it was in the 90s, but we had a spell of mid-30s with rain last weekend. We're going camping soon so I thought I'd outfit the dog to avoid having to stuff her into my mummy bag at night. :)