Monday, September 15, 2014

Open Studio at WPA every Tuesday!

Great news! The WPA studio will be open every Tuesday from 10am - 1pm through December. You can come by and print during that time for a little bit of cash ($25/3 hrs if a WPA member, $35 if not) and get press assistance from printmaker Ashley Salinas or myself--we can offer basic press setting, but won't be instructing, so it's for the individual with some printing experience. You're also welcome just to swing by and check out the shop. Ashley and I are swapping Tuesdays. I'll be there on Sept. 23, Oct. 7, 14, Nov, 4, 18, and Dec 9, 23. More info about WPA's shop here.



Greater news for me: The WPA studio is in the same complex as my own (Canopy, 916 Springdale Road, Bldg. 3, right next door to the place pictured below.) As for my own studio, I've made a stab at setting studio hours--Bldg. 1, studio 218.

I'll be in my studio on these days:
Mondays, Tuesdays (when I'm not at WPA), and Thursdays from 10am - 2pm.

I love studio visits, but I suggest a call or text before popping over in case I'm on a walk or enjoying a coffee at our new Canopy coffee shop (my cell is 512-680-6281). Hey! Let's grab some coffee together!

Yay! The long-awaited cafe!
Sa-Tén is a Japanese-influenced cafe from Komé partner Kayo Asazu and East Side King co-founderMoto Utsunomiya. In addition to espresso, coffee, and tea, the cafe will serve pastries like donuts from Red Rabbit Bakery and Japanese-inspired "light fare." Hours are 7:00 a.m to 10:00 p.m. Monday-Saturday and 8 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Sundays.

No comments: