Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Bright Side of the Moon

Yesterday was an incredible day. 
Simply, I worked in my studio. I'm having fun with my Io painting. I'm hoping to have it finished by Canopy's First Look event, May 11 and 12th. Here I have a bunch of super watery acrylic paint kinda running together all moon-like. While it was drying I put a layer of acrylic medium on my cut-to-size Masonite. I plan on mounting this baby on panel once it's finished using this method.





This is where I started.


Io is an absolutely gorgeous moon. Here's a link to an amazing pic.  I still have work to do on painting my moon, but I'm making progress.

Canopy First Look, Artists Studio Tour
Besides actually working yesterday, I met with some of the other studio artists at Canopy to talk about our open house, First Look. Luckily we have a couple of very capable leaders at the helm, so things appear to be running smoothly. If you haven't put our studio tour on your calendar yet, please do. I'll wait while you take care of that.




Join My Mailing List
I'm working on my personal mailing list today, which unfortunately, needs a lot of work. I need to log into Mail Chimp (have you tried this? Great for managing mailing lists.), enter more names while editing what's already there. My mailing list is my biggest asset and my biggest weakness. I don't use it. If you'd like to be on my mailing list (trust me, I sent announcements out infrequently), shoot an email to me and I'll put you on!


No comments: